You wake up in the morning and it takes a few minutes before you can stand upright. Or you find yourself going down stairs slowly and taking steps one at a time, thinking to yourself, “If there was an emergency, how would I get out of the house quickly and safely at this pace?” All of your experiences throughout the years have finally caught up to you – seemingly all at once. Life is cumulative and your body feels every memory. I can relate. I'm over 50, too!
These days, most of us remain active throughout our lives, but the body just doesn’t bounce back like it used to. Back pain may linger longer. Muscle pulls can happen more easily. Those aches and pains are more frequent.
It doesn’t have to be that way. A regular massage can help to heal wear and tear on your muscles and tendons and can also help you manage the pain from a chronic or acute injury. Making massage a part of your wellness routine can also help to prevent future injuries and keep those aches and pains at bay - one more reason to book a regular massage.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), "A growing body of research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, low-back pain and more. Find out how you can benefit from adding massage therapy to your health and wellness routine."
25 Reasons to Get a Massage:
1. Relieve stress
2. Relieve postoperative pain
3. Reduce anxiety
4. Manage low-back pain
5. Help fibromyalgia pain
6. Reduce muscle tension
7. Enhance exercise performance
8. Relieve tension headaches
9. Sleep better
10. Ease symptoms of depression
11. Improve cardiovascular health
12. Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
13. Decrease stress in cancer patients
14. Improve balance in older adults
15. Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
16. Temper effects of dementia
17. Promote relaxation
18. Lower blood pressure
19. Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
20. Help chronic neck pain
21. Lower joint replacement pain
22. Increase range of motion
23. Decrease migraine frequency
24. Improve quality of life in hospice care
25. Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
Just because you may be over 50 doesn't mean you need to feel over 50! Massage therapy can help you to stay active and enjoying the activities you love. Come in and see how massage can help you bounce back!
Sign up to hear about massage specials, appointment availability and future events.